Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

In the vanity

There is no need to tell me how beautiful and strong I am. I know it.  And I know you are thinking it, with the words poised on your tongue, wondering whether to say it, and if it will be well-received.   What you need to do this very moment is turn that bow and arrow around and point it at your own heart. Say to yourself, "I am beautiful. I am strong." Believe it.

Do not fear your own ego, your vanity or self-confidence. Let loose that bowstring and sink it deep.  I can't do that for you, and you can't do that for me.  Dance and sing in the street if it pleases you. Get naked. Love without fear of never being enough. Do that thing you always wanted but were afraid of. Vanity and ego are what make you fully human, for no great sentient animal ever said, damn, I look good in this hat.

Untitled Oh, you can go ahead and tell me I'm beautiful, now that we understand that "you are beautiful" is made of pure, fearless truth. Truth that is infinite.  There is no timekeeper of days or years that can erase truth.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You could be one of a million different men named Larry.

      Delete
  2. Sorry, I am your far distant relation by marriage and owner of a piece of Art I purchased from you and Pebble and I just moved from CA. to AZ.

    ReplyDelete